By: Jay Richards, Ph.D.
1. What is the correlation between habitability and measurability ("the correlation")?
2. What is the Copernican Principle?
3. How does the Copernican Principle relate to the Copernican Revolution?
4. What is the Anthropic Principle?
5. What is "fine-tuning"?
6. What is a habitable zone?
7. How does the Moon contribute to Earth's habitability?
8. How does the Moon contribute to measurability?
9. Can you think of any other facts that Richards did not discuss, which might be evidence of the correlation?
10. Can you think of a good argument against the correlation that might humiliate Richards if raised in a public setting?
Suggested Further Reading:
1. Universes, by John Leslie.
2. Rare Earth: Why Complex Life is Uncommon in the Universe, by Peter Douglas Ward and Donald Brownlee.
3. Creation of the Cosmos: Scientific Evidence for Intelligent Design, video lecture of Walter Bradley.
4. On the Cosmic Horizon, by Jeffrey Bennett.
5. Book of the Cosmos: Imagining the Universe from Heraclitus to Hawking, Dennis Richard Danielson, editor.
6. Theism, Atheism, and Big Bang Cosmology, a debate between William Lane Craig and Quentin Smith.
7. God and the Astronomers, by Robert Jastrow.
Futher Conference Links:
If you have any immediate questions about the conference, please feel free to e-mail us at "email@example.com".