The best legal resource you can find is an attorney. Nonetheless, below is a list of resources we have enjoyed reading which you might also find informative regarding legal issues!
- "Intelligent Design Will Survive Kitzmiller v. Dover," by and David K. DeWolf, John G. West, Casey Luskin, published in the Winter 2007 issue of Montana Law Review.
- Traipsing Into Evolution: Intelligent Design and the Kitzmiller v. Dover ruling, by David K. DeWolf, John G. West, Casey Luskin, and Jonathan Witt, available for purchase online at http://www.amazon.com/Traipsing-into-Evolution-Intelligent-Kitzmiller/dp/0963865498.
- Francis Beckwith's book, Law, Darwinism, and Public Education; The Establishment Clause and the Challenge of Intelligent Design, available for purchase online at http://www.arn.org/arnproducts/books/b071.htm.
- Here is a law review article by Francis Beckwith: Science and Religion Twenty Years After McLean v. Arkansas: Evolution, Public Education, and the New Challenge of Intelligent Design. (Harvard Journal of Law & Public Policy 26.2 (Spring 2003): 456-499.)
- Here is another law review article by Francis Beckwith: Public Education, Religious Establishment, and the Challenge of Intelligent Design. (Notre Dame Journal of Law, Ethics, & Public Policy 17.2 (2003):461-519.)
- Another law review article by Francis Beckwith: A Liberty Not Fully Evolved? The Case of Rodney Levake and the Right of Public School Teachers to
Criticize Darwinism (San Diego Law Review, Vol 39, No. 4, pg. 1311 - 1326).
It is available on the web at "http://www.discovery.org/viewDB/index.php3?program=CRSC&command=view&id=1333"
as well as at http://homepage.mac.com/francis.beckwith/SDLR.pdf.
- Intelligent Design in Public Science Curricula, A Legal Guidebook by David K. DeWolf, Stephen C. Meyer, Mark E. DeForrest. Available as a pamphlet or free online with full text at http://arn.org/docs/dewolf/guidebook.htm.
- Teaching the Origins Controversy: Science, Or Religion, Or Speech? by David K. DeWolf, Stephen C. Meyer, Mark Edward DeForrest (Utah Law Review 2000:39). Available as the journal article and also at "http://www.arn.org/docs/dewolf/utah.pdf.
- The Rule, A One-Act Play by Daniel Schwabauer and John Calvert. Available in book format or
- Kansas Tornado, 1999 Science Curriculum Standards Battle by Dr.
Paul Ackerman and Bob Williams. Available as a book,
- Summer for the Gods, The Scopes Trial and America's Continuing
Debate over Science and Religion by Edward J. Larson (Winner of the
Pulitzer Prize in History). To purchase online, see "http://www.arn.org/arnproducts/books/b051.htm".
- Darwinism and the Law: Can Non-Naturalistic Scientific Theories
Survive Constitutional Challenge by Dr. H. Wayne House.
- Information on the Santorum Amendment.
- Teaching Origins Science In Public Schools Memorandum & Opinion by John H. Calvert and William S. Harris.
- Various books by Phillip Johnson are also excellent in this regard including Darwin on Trial, Objections Sustained, Reason in the Balance, and The Right Questions; Truth, Meaning & Public Debate.
- Darwinism, Design, and Public Education
edited by John Angus Campbell and Stephen C. Meyer
The following are various court cases of interest to the debate:
- Kitzmiller v. Dover, 400 F.Supp.2d 707 (M.D. Pa. 2005). (And see our response to the case, here.)
- Edwards v. Aguillard, 482 U.S. 578 (1987). (U.S. Supreme Court decision available from http://laws.findlaw.com/us/482/578.html.)
- Epperson v. Arkansas, 393 U.S. 97 (1968). (U.S. Supreme Court decision available from http://laws.findlaw.com/us/393/97.html.)
- Selman v. Cobb County, 2005 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 432 (N.D. Ga. 2005). (This is just the District Court's decision.)
- McLean v. Arkansas Board of Education, 529 F. Supp. 1255 (E.D. Ark. 1982). U.S. District Court Judge William Overton's decision is available at http://fp.bio.utk.edu/evo-eco/resources-this_semester/McLean%20v_%20Arkansas%20Board%20of%20Education.htm.
- Webster v. New Lenox School District, 917 F.2d 1004 (7th Cir. 1990). See the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 7th Circuit's decision at http://www.geocities.com/Athens/1618/Webster_vs._New_Lenox.html.
- Peloza v. Capistrano Unified School District, 37 F.3d 517, (9th Cir. 1994). See the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 7th Circuit's decision at http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/peloza.html.
- Freiler v. Tangipahoa Parish Board of Education, 201 F.3d 602 (5th Cir. 2000). See the U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals for the 5th Circuit's decision online at http://laws.findlaw.com/5th/9830132cv1.html. See also the dissent on the denial of petition to the U.S. Supreme Court by Justices Scalia, Thomas and Chief Justice Rhenquist.
- Rodney LeVake v. Independent School District, 625 N.W.2d 502 (Minn. 2001). See the Minnesota State Court of Appeals' decision at http://caselaw.lp.findlaw.com/scripts/getcase.pl?court=mn&vol=apppub%5c0105%5cc8001613&invol=1.